Friday, April 17, 2009

Meeting Country Artist Darcy Mazerolle.

Many of you may never even heard of Darcy Mazerolle before. He is a 26 year old country artist from Miramichi, New Brunswick. He opened for Jason McCoy, Gil Grand, Chris Cummings and George Canyon. He made a album called, Cowboy Enough For Me, in the year of 2005 and has won two ECMA 2006 nominations. He was nominated for Rising Star of the Year and Country Album of the Year.
In the year of 2007, my Dad, my brother and I went to Nova Scotia for a trip. We stayed at a campground for two nights. We went to Upper Clemments Park for two days. The first day we went we seen Darcy Mazerolle. He was playing for a few hours that day. We had no idea who he was, but then we found out because we watched him and his band play. He told us that he was from Miramichi and we hooped, roared and cheered. Then he asked us if we were from Miramichi and we told him that we were from the Renous area. He then dedicated us his song, Back to the River, from his album, Cowboy Enough For Me.
The next day we went to the Wildlife Park, we got in for free. Then we went back to Upper Clemments to watch Darcy Mazerolle perform again. He told us the previous day that he was going to be performing again at three o'clock. We watched him perform again and I bought his CD and a poster and got them both autographed. My Dad, my brother and I all got some pictures done with him too. I was very inspired these two days.

0 comments: